1. Josiah learned the hymn Holy, Holy, Holy from his cousin Olivia, and now he walks around singing to himself “ho-wee, ho-wee, ho-wee” Its pretty cute, especially since this is his first attempt to sing anything. That girl could teach him calculus.
2. We visited Dirk’s family this weekend and went to his nephew’s Pinewood Derby at their church. Josiah abolutely LOVED watching the cars race. Garrett even won! Now all the guys are making pinewood cars to race at Christmas. I smell a new tradition brewing…
3. We picked a name for a new little girl: Naomi Jane. We love the story of Ruth and Naomi, and the Jane is from Lady Jane Grey. She is a really interesting historical figure that has many qualities that we hope that Naomi will look to as an example.
4. I made a few minor changes to the set up of our apartment and it looks totally different to me! Its amazing how such small changes can make such a difference. We have so much more room and it feels much more cozy.
5. Anyone ever made the Amish Friendship Bread? Does it turn out ok if you dont ‘mush the bag’ for couple days like you are supposed to?
6. We have decided to have a salsa cookoff with my family this Christmas. I’m so excited about this! I’m thinking something with fruit since we have mastered the pappasito’s version.
7. I am still working on Greek. I am learning verbal roots. This is a completely different teaching style/curriculum than I learned in college. Granted, that was about 8 years ago, but its still blowing my mind.
8. Our book club has decided to read Knowing God by JI Packer. I’m excited because I have started that book several times and never finished it (surprise, surprise)
9. I just heard it migt get into the 30s this weekend! Hooray! I’m really excited about that.
10. I can hear Josiah in his bedroom and it sounds like he is messing with the diapers, so I’d better go see what he is up to…