I know. I’m a slacker. I think about the blog a lot, but actually sitting down and posting something takes some discipline.
So, onto the reason you are here: Josiah. He is now 7 1/2 months old! Crazy, isnt it? He is changing so fast, its hard to keep up. Here is what he is up to now:
- He started pulling up on things about a week ago, he can pull up on me or his toys pretty easily, but the other morning he figured out how to do it in his crib! This is bad news for us as we are in a one bedroom apartment right now. If I want to catch a few winks while he is napping I have to get all the way under the covers so that he can’t see me. (I have only tried this once, and it was unsuccessful)
- Just the other day he mastered going from laying down to sitting up on his own. In fact, while I was typing this, I went into the bedroom and he was sitting up because he couldnt sleep with a stuffy nose.
- As of this morning he is officially crawling!! It has taken a while to figure out how to coordinate his arms and legs, but it looks like he is finally mastering it! (I’ll post a video of this asap)
- He likes to sit on his knees to play on his little activity table. I dont know how he figured out how to do this, but he is much more stable as he plays. I’m very impressed.
- He has a huge appetite! We feed him as much as he will eat, and no matter how much he gets down, he is still sad when its over. In the morning after nursing, he will eat a large banana mashed up with some oatmeal! Thats more than I eat for breakfast!
- He is getting the hang of eating with his hands. He has only really worked with the Gerber puffs, but since he doesnt know how to pinch his food yet, he’ll grab it with one fist and then open his hand with the other hand and put it in his mouth. It’s pretty fun watching him figure out how to get the soggy little puff in his mouth.
- Actual toys are of little value to him compared to a ziploc bag, an empty puff container, a wipes refill, or an old remote control.
- He loves buttons and anything that has buttons. Remote controls are his favorite. He was given a couple old ones to hold, but he still wants the one that we use. He doesnt really care about actually pushing all the buttons, but he likes looking at it and holding it close to him. In fact, getting to the remote has been a big motivator for him to crawl.
- Still no teeth yet. We are still waiting on that one.
- He is still a little guy. I think he might have put on a few ounces in the past couple weeks, but he can still wear some of his 3-6 months clothes. Its pretty nice because he is still really easy to carry.
Here are some pics of the good king:
Dirk and I have been doing well too, thanks for asking. 🙂 Dirk is enjoying a few weeks off of Greek classes since his professor is out of town the next couple of weeks. He is trying to stay caught up with his Systematic class that he is taking online. Right now, he is watching Dr. Ware’s lectures. He has also recently gotten into geocaching and we can’t go anywhere in the car now without him pointing out a geocache site and asking to go check it out. Its been fun finding what people have hidden away, like a treasure hunt! We can’t wait for Josiah to be old enough to search with daddy for the little treasures tucked away in parks and benches and trees all over the place! Its pretty addictive.
I have been doing great, as well. Lately, I have been really enjoying making a lot of our food from scratch. I recently got a hold of More-With-Less(book club girls, you knew I would plug this here!), a cookbook that has completely changed my thinking about the food we eat. It has been so fun and enlightening to make my own cereal, sandwich bread, and refried black beans(yummy!). It has helped me take more control of our nutrition and be mindful about what we eat–not to mention being more frugal! I’m also reading The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck this month. I highly recommend it!
Thats about all I can think of….now you can all tell me how long its been and how cute Josiah is. 🙂